Board of Directors
The ONC Board of Directors comprises 15 nationally recognized leaders drawn from across Canada and representing the academic, government, and private sectors. Membership is structured to include individuals with extensive experience in ocean issues from key stakeholder communities.
Chair, Board of Directors
Founder and Principal Consultant, The Wabe
Vice Chair, Board of Directors
Chair, Governance and Human Resources Committee
Dr. Mark Abrahams
Dean of Science & Professor - Department of Biology / Ocean Sciences Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
Business Consultant - R.J. Bundus Consulting
President & CEO - CANARIE
Vice-President Finance & Operations, University of Victoria
Nexus Law Group
Vice-President of Research, University of Victoria
Chair, Finance and Audit Committee
Vice President, Corporate Services, C-CORE Inc
Former President and CEO, Prince Rupert Port Authority
President & CEO, Ocean Networks Canada
President & CEO, M - Expertise Marine
Chair, Strategy & Partnerships Committee
President, Winteck Consulting Inc.
President, Rockland Scientific Inc.
Executive Director, US Arctic Research Commission
Deputy Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Dean of Science, University of Victoria
Owner, Trestle Networks Inc.
International Science Advisory Board
Ocean Networks Canada has added further to its international strength and links by the appointment of an International Science Advisory Board made up of highly respected senior ocean scientists. The Board met for the first time in June 2011 and meets twice a year. The Board's mandate is to provide strategic advice and guidance to help ensure that Ocean Networks Canada achieves its research vision, mission and goals in the context of international developments in ocean research.
International Science Advisory Board Members
- Philippe Archambault, Professor, Laval University
- Jack Barth, Executive Director, Marine Studies Initiative, Oregon State University
- Antje Boetius, Director, Biosciences/Deep sea Ecology and Technology, Alfred-Wegener-Institut, Germany
- Mathilde Cannat, Globe de Paris Institute of Physics
- Steven D’Hondt, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Emilio Mayorga, Oceanographer and Data Manager, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington
- Marit Reigstag, Professor in Marine Ecology, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Huaiyang Zhou, Professor, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University