Lifelong Learner and Citizen Scientist Resources
Here are some ideas so that you can further engage with our #knowtheocean community. Become a citizen scientist by analyzing deep-sea videos using our Digital Fishers on-line game, or challenge yourself and learn how to search Ocean Networks Canada's wealth of ocean data and video archive.
Fish ID Challenge
Are you familiar with fishes of the Pacific North West? Test your fish knowledge in this six minute video with multiple different fish species. Download the fish ID sheet and try to identify as many as you can. Site and depth have been included for each video snipped to aid in the identification process.
Data from the Deep
Enjoy a variety of video, imagery and sounds from the deep!
- Video clips
- YouTube and Vimeo channels
- Live video from the seafloor
- Pictures of the seafloor and deep-sea creatures
- Sound gallery
Connect With Us!
Follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn channels and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great opportunities to #knowtheocean and connect with us.
Resources from Our Partners
- Enjoy watching the Discover Passage Aquarium video series
- Canadian Network for Ocean Education (CaNOE) is compiling some great ocean resources
- Have fun with activities and videos with LIVE.IT